INSTRUCTIONAL MEDIA AND ACTIVITIES IN LANGUAGE TEACHING (IMALT) REPORT By: FITRIA NINGSIH/10022140012







STUDENTS REPORT FOR DAILY ACTIVITIES
IMALT
Table of content
NO
Date
What I have done.
1
5 sept 2012
Introduction
2
6 sept 2012
Presentation of story
3
12 sept 2012
Procedure SD SMP SMA
4
13 sept 2012
Presentation story
5
19 sept 2012
SKKD
6
26 sept 2012
Lesson Plan
7
3 oct 2012
Rpp(big book)
8
10 oct 2012
Job description
9
17 oct 2012
Making big book concept
10
24 oct 2012
Making bigbook in class
11
31 oct 2012
Presentation using modem
12
14 nov 2012
Presentation company profile in group
13
21 nov 2012
Mid term
14
28 nov 2012
Presentation song concept
15
4 des 2012
Presesentaion song using gitar


DESCRIPTION
Wednesday, September 5th 2012
This Wednesday is the first meeting of with ma’am Mimil in Introduction Media and Activities in learning teaching class (IMALT). At the first meeting, she gave us brief explanation about media in teaching learning activities itself, especially for Elementary-Junior-and Senior high school students. Then, she told us about drama, poetry, storytelling and soon. In the end of class, ma’am Mimil gave us homework. We have to make a performance of storytelling. Story telling here is especially for Elementary students. Ma’am Mimil divided us in groups of three by using attendance list and we begun to discuss what story will be performed next meeting. My group consists of me, Shelly and Avi. In addition, we also asked to find out the “janur” as a medium of making ketupat. Unfortunately, it was difficult to be found. Therefore, we asked to buy plastic ribbon to change the janur.
Thursday, September 6th 2012
In this second meeting, we were asked to perform the story telling of each group.  Nevertheless, today we did not only work with IMALT student, but also we cooperated with “curriculum students”. They had to make syllabus from what we performed. In each group, there was one curriculum student required. We worked with Warda.  After presented the story, she asked us some questions related to our story to help her in making syllabus. My group performed the story, which is known as “SLEEPING BEAUTY”. In this time, I was a Sleeping Beauty, Shelly is as a Prince, and Avi is as a Witch. We used Headband, and banner as a media in helping our performance. After performing the story, we also asked to practice making “ketupat”, greatly I could do it, and even most of my friends got difficulty in making that thing. Actually, it was an interesting meeting instead. We could explore our totality in doing role-play for elementary school students, especially for five grade students and taught some media for them. Moreover, these were the pictures that I took while this class.
Wednesday, September 12th 2012
Today was still talking about “SHORT STORY”. However, we also talked about RPP. Unfortunately, in this time, I did not have enough knowledge about RPP, and then Ma’am Mimil gave us the copy of Syllabus and RPP. In making RPP, we have to consider, our story. Which is our story used for Elementary students, junior high school students or senior high school students. We also had to consider whether our performance was appropriate for the certain grade related to SKKD. Today, our class joined with curriculum class again, ma’am Mimil asked us to make groups of two and then one added member from curriculum class. I made group with Isnia, we performed a story about “Pinochio”. Why actually we chose this story, it was because we understand the whole story. Therefore, it would be easy for us when we performed without using text, or it called be impromptu. We used gloves to support our performance. I drew some pictures in my gloves and used my hand to create the characters. They are Pinocchio, the fairy, and gepetho. We performed in front of curriculum student, so she could make syllabus from our performance just now. This performance is appropriate if we perform for junior high school students, especially in the second grade. In addition, these were the pictures that I took from class today.

Thursday, September 13th 2012
In this Thursday morning, we talked about RPP. We had to come back to the first group, in the story of “Sleeping Beauty”. Ma’am mimil asked us to make RPP, which is match with our story. For my story “Sleeping beauty”, we chose 5th grade of elementary school. We discuss for some minutes, after that ma’am Mimil asked some groups presented their RPP. One group performed in front of the class. What we present was about our RPP, how we teach the students, and what kind of media we used and for how many meetings. However, from the presentation there were a different thought between curriculum and imalt students. While the imalt student made a media, the curriculum student said that it was not appropriate for that grade. So that why ma’am Mimil combined the curriculum and media class actually for help each other of their own job.

Wednesday, September 19th 2012
Today we still talked about RPP again, but today we talked about RPP for tertiary level, not school at all, but for university students. In this case, we had to make media using IT. Because of this media made from IT, we had to ask help from other student in DKV, SEDESA or the others department. Ma’am mimil asked us one by one, what kind of media that we want to use to teach the tertiary level. “My name is Fitria, I would like to use Fashion presentation for Fashion Design Department”. At that time, I was going to cooperate with that student to help me develop my media.

Wednesday, October 3rd 2012
One week we did not meet ma'am Mimil, today is the time to present our media for tertiary level. For the first time ma’am Mimil asked us what we have done during one week. Ma'am Mimil asked us to make job description based on our media for tertiary level. In addition, this is my Job description: Fashion Designer: the person is in charge of making design of some rather clothe in many unique style. The teaching learning process is listening and speaking. The person should make a presentation the design in different style.  We had to type or job description in ma’am Mimil’s laptop and we had to make queue. And the last ma’am mimil asked us to prepare in making BIG BOOK that will be taught more by one of her students who still doing her thesis about BIG BOOK itself.

Wednesday, October 10th 2012
Today we still talked about our previous project “big-book”. Ma’am mimil asked us one by one what material that we want to make in big-book and for which class or grade. She also asked us to use our big-book as a game for our students. I said that, my big-book is for 3th grade of elementary school, I would like to make big book in theme of clothe, and I was going to make it and game also. Therefore, my big book has many functions on it. Besides, today we also had presentation about kinds of topics that can be referenced in to help developing big book.
Wednesday, October 17th 2012
We made a concept of making big-book. We had to think the standard of competence and basic competence which is appropriate to our big-book concept. I made a big-book concept about the place of the things and it is suitable for students in second grade of elementary school.

Wednesday, October 24th 2012
Today, we had to draw the material in class. I divided Manila paper some parts and then I draw a girl and boy with colorful clothe. We did it by lying on the floor and draw together. We had to be creative in making big book. Besides, we have to consider the interesting of that big book itself, especially for young students. In addition, the last, after drawing some pictures that we had to asked for ma'am mimil’s sign, it showed that that day we make a big-book. She asked us not to miss those papers. In addition, she asked to present that big book in front of the class, such teaching and learning activity.

Wednesday, October 31st 2012
Today, we had new project. Suddenly, we were asked to go to ESAC and borrow the magazine called “VOGUE”. We had to collect our KTM and gave it to the official in ESAC. Because of the amount of this magazine limited, we had to share those magazines with our friend. We come back to the class and ma'am mimil asked us to find the advertisement in those magazines. For the first time we were asked to describe the cover that related the weather. She also said, that usually a magazine cover is related the weather or the edition. For example, in November there are thanks giving, Halloween in October, eastern and April mob in April, and many others. Some of the cover magazine had the identity color based on the month. Next, we were asked to find the company profile from the internet. After finding the profile, Halim Javas’ group present about “Prada” and Irma Indri’s group present about “Gucci”. In the end of the story, ma’am mimil asked us to find all of the company profile and media that we use from those some advertisements in VOGUE. We were working in-group. In each group, consist of two students.

Wednesday, November 14th 2012
Today was the day after ma’am mimil did not come last week, and we talked about company profile. She asked us to make a group consist of 4-5 members and then she asked us to find modem. Unfortunately, I bring the modem, but I had not filled it yet. Then I used my own modem “Prolink”. I used it to find the company profile of “Escada”. In a group, each member had to make presentation from our company profile that we chose. After make presentation using PPT, we had to present in our own group and we had to say how we taught the students using this company profile. In the end of the class, ma'am mimil asked us to send our report for today to her e-mail.

Wednesday, November 21st 2012
Suddenly ma’am mimil said that we had Mid-term today. Actually it was rather late to had mid-term, ma'am mimil also said like that. She asked us to find five papers for each student, in receptionist. In those papers, we had to describe our RPP for Kinder garden, Elementary school, junior high school, senior high school, and tertiary students. We also had to mention the media that we used, after that ma'am mimil show us her note about what kind of elements should include in our mid-term. In the end of the class, ma'am mimil gave her sign and we had to make queeque and the most interesting activities today was “dancing”. Like a flash mob, we dance together. Ma’am mimil gave us the video called “Ice Age 4”, in this video we can see the Ice age’s animal that dancing in a song of “we are family”. The students who already got her sign should imitate the movement or the dance in those video. She also said that activity was appropriate for kindergarten or elementary school students.

Wednesday, November 28th 2012
Ma'am mimil asked us “who can play guitar?” there are just three students who can play guitar. She asked those three students to come in front. Each student was asked to find two friends for became the member; the three students are Halim, Shanti, and Gita. In addition, the rest of the student, ma'am Mimil divided us in groups if three and gave us time to think about the song and how to teach our students. I choose the song “white horse” by Taylor swift. Ma’am Mimil also asked us one by one to sing part of our song. Moreover, unfortunately, I cannot play guitar at all. Besides, she also taught about green school in Bali. Alternatively, kampoeng halaman outstanding award. In addition, like usual, we had to prepare everything to the next performance.




MID-TERM
Course design model

Analyse target needs
 

Analyse student pererformance
 

Evaluate
 
 














1.      Kindergarten
What the students need in kindergarten is the fun activities. As I know that the students in kindergarten like to play, they have short attention. We cannot force them to do hard work. Therefore, in kindergarten the students need simple work/simple assessment. Students in kindergarten like to sing a song and game. If I were teaching in kindergarten, I would like to give them song. We cannot just sing a song in front of them; we also have to include movement when we teach them. I will use GBA (Genre Based Approach) in my teaching learning activities. These approaches consist of four steps.
1.      BKoF (Building Knowledge of the Field), in this step I will introduce the song to the students. Because of I want to give them song “Part of Body”, I will introduce them part of body which are included in the song, there are part of bodies, head shoulder knees and toes. I also give brief explanation about the function of the body.
2.      MoT (Modeling of Text), in this step I will give the text to the students, the lyric of the song “part of body” and also give example to them, how to sing this song and how was the movement.
3.      JCoT (Join Cooperation of Text) in this step, the students will sing a song in a grot up of five including the movement. I also give them the game about guessing the name of body. I will say the function, and then students can guess what part of body is.
4.      ICoT (Individual Construction of Text), in this step I will ask my students to sing a song individually and mentioning the body. I will provide some pictures about the body and ask them to mention it; I will point certain student, so they will work individually.
Bellow is the text of this song:
“Part of Body”
Head, Shoulder, Knees and toes, knees and toes
This ear, this mouth and the nose
2.      Elementary School
In elementary school, I would like to teach third grade of second semester. I am going to teach them using big book that I have made. There are parts of chlote, consist of skirt, trousers and I will make it interesting, so they can learn enjoy in my class. The method that I use in my class is EEC (Elaboration, Exploration, Confirmation).
1.      Elaboration : in this step I will give explanation about part of chlote itself
2.      Exploration : in this step I would like to asking them come to in front of the class one by one to mentioning the part of the chlote that shown in my big book.
3.      Confirmation: here, I will give them feedback for their task. What kind of thing should be revising may be about their pronunciation and others.

3.      Junior High School
For junior high school, I would like to teach 7th grade of first semester. I will teach them in term of listening and speaking. Based on the SKKD, second semester of 7th grade will learn how to giving instruction and prohibition. They need something interesting here, so as a teacher I will taught them using situational card and video. The picture and video will consist of the conversation in asking and giving instruction and prohibition. In teaching learning activities, I would like to use 3P method. In consist of three steps:
1.      Presentation: in this step, as a teacher I will introduce the topic and give them explanation in giving and asking opinion/information. I will show them the video and the situational card.
2.      Practice: In this step, I will give the picture in blank conversation and I will ask them to fill in the blank that conversation. They will work individually.
3.      Productive: here, I will ask the students to make conversation in asking and giving opinion and information and perform it in front of the class. They can choose their own topic. They will work in pairs. I will ask them to submit the conversation text.
In my plan, I will score them using scoring rubric.
Bellow is the material:
ford-wireless-crash-avoidance-system-in-the-works-23091_1bandara




gas-station-night-indonesiarumahsakit_Matthew_Cole_835326414















I.example of Dialog 1
Anjar   : “Don’t forget to bring your umbrella!”
Kumai  : “Why?”
Anjar   : “I think it is going to rain.”
Kumai  : “Are you certain it is going to rain?”
Anjar   : “Yes, I am quite certain. Look! It is very cloudy.”

Answer the question below
1.         Why does Anjar ask Kumai to bring umbrella?
2.         Is Kumai certain that it will rain?
3.         What does he say?
4.         Is Anjar sure that it would rain?
5.         What does she say?
4.      Senior High School
In senior high school, I would like to teach first grade of first semester. I will teach in term of listening and writing. Based on the SKKD for senior high school, I would like to choose “procedure text” as my topic. I would like to teach them about procedure text in theme of my favorite food. Here I am going to use media in form of pictures, recorded text and video. And I will use I will use Three-Phase Technique (Pre-Whilst-Post) and PPP (Presentation-Practice-Production)
In addition, this is the teaching and learning activity looks like:
·         Pre activities:
·         Brainstorming by showing some pictures with the short description showing the steps to do or to make something. Give the students some questions:
-          What do the pictures tell you about?
-          What are the purposes of the whole pictures?
2. Whilst Activities:
·         Teacher give short explanation about imperative sentences in form of procedure text
·         Teacher give the explanation about the structure of the procedure text
·         Students are given two kinds of procedure text.
·         Ask students to identify the text based on the question given in the text.
3. Post activities:
Teacher gives some explanation and feedback
Bellow is the example of the procedure text:




How to make a pizza
Put on your apron.
Wash your hands.
Make the dough.
Roll out the dough into a round shape.
Spread tomato sauce
On top.
Grate the cheese and
Sprinkle on top.
Put your toppings on.
Place in the oven to
Cook.
When ready cut into slices
In addition, eat.





5.      Tertiary
For tertiary level, I would like to teach them about how to make media in teaching. They need to give this material, because as soon as possible they will teach someone, and teaching always need media. In this chance, I will teach them how to make fashion design presentation using animation in PPT. In this learning, we will need modem in class, because we need some pictures to make an animation movie. I will use EEC method, for the Elaboration I will give them the explanation about how to make presentation movie the steps in making animation movie are here:
1.      Finding the design of chlote that is going to be presented which is related to the story using modem
2.      Put in PPT and design in there using kind of animations
3.      The it have already to be presented
I will demonstrate the steps in front of the students. The second step Exploration here, I will ask the students to make their own animation movie. I will divide the students in a group of five. They can present their job in 30 minutes of each group. The step of Confirmation is when I give feedback to my students about their movie. I will give comment and suggestion. I will score in term of creativity, accuracy and the other component of their speaking in presentation include of the pronunciation, fluency, accuracy, and content.






0 comments:

Post a Comment